New Freelancer: Brynn, The Sky Warden!
It is said that of the great warrior dynasties that once reigned in Hyperion, Brynn’s was the finest. Her ancestry was full of generals, commanders, and lords who ruled over the city with a radamantium fist. When the Hyperion Reactor fell in 2435, her people guided thousands across the Waste to Atlas and helped established the new Trust rule by forming Warbotics.
Some suggest that Brynn’s latest foray into Freelancing may be related to the dissolution of Warbotics after their defeat in the Trust War. Family pride and loyalty run deep in her history. And, as any descendent of Hyperion knows, wars don’t end until the blood runs dry.
Brynn is a fearsome warrior who wields a lance and shield with unmatched expertise. She can use her shield for offense and defense – while always keeping enemies in line with her lance.
- Players can now purchase individual Freelancers for Flux or real money. Flux is a new currency that can be earned through gameplay. It is used to purchase Freelancers, Master skins, and Mod Tokens (with Loadout slots coming soon).
Players that have already purchased the game will receive a reward pack consisting of:
- 50,000 Flux
- 5,000 ISO
- An exclusive Overcon
- An exclusive Emblem
- An exclusive Title
- 5 holiday loot matrices
- 5 holo-haunt loot matrices
All players can now participate in ranked, providing they own 10 Freelancers and have played 50 PvP games.
- With the fall of Warbotics in Season 1, Helio has stepped forward to fill the void.
- With Helio taking full credit for the Reactor’s miraculous resurrection last December, he will be in charge of the next new Trust of Atlas.
- Will you support “Helio United”, a Trust vetted and approved by Omni and EvoS, or “Helio Corps”, a Trust comprised primarily of Helio’s purported friends?
Ranked Season 1 has ended, so check out your Prestige rewards!
- Bronze - 500
- Silver - 1000
- Gold - 2500
- Plat - 4000
- Diamond - 5000
- Master/Contender - 7500
You can also purchase Golden VFX swaps in the collection for Prestige Points.
For people who achieved contender status in Season One, you will get an additional title as well.
Ranked Season 2 will start in two weeks – more details coming soon!
We will also be introducing a new emblem that will always show the tier you received in the last finished season. So if your HIGHEST RANK ACHIEVED was Gold in Season One, this emblem will show the Gold icon during Season Two, and then if you got Plat in Season Two, the emblem will switch to the Plat icon for Season Three.
In a coming hotfix, anyone who participated in Ranked will get a Season One emblem and overcon and title. A tinted version of the emblem and overcon will be given to players whose HIGHEST RANK ACHIEVED is Plat V or above.
Ever the tinkerer, Zuki has re-engineered the tutorial experience to make it better show off the -gameplay of Atlas Reactor.
Players will learn the basics on Flyway Freighter, participating in real combat scenarios.
New players should be much better equipped to take on the veterans now!
All-Random Game Mode
A new temporary game mode has been added!
Queue up and all players will be given a Random Freelancer to play in deathmatch.
Can you be the most versatile Freelancer?
Extraction mode has been removed from custom games
- Queue XP Bonus enabled.
You will now receive bonus XP at the end of a match based on the time you waited in queue for that match.
Fix for the explosion on Phaedra's Juggernaut not always hitting the targets it should.
Fresh game installations should take a few hundred MB less on disk. We've increased the compression on some of our newer textures.
Fixed a bug with Razer keyboards in which the lighting-up of the ability hotkeys would be wrong If you had changed your keybinds from the default.
Group invite pop-ups will now only last 30 seconds, and the inviter will be notified when the offer times out.
Improved the tooltip system to fix issues where they would sometimes display off the screen.
Fixed a performance issue that could occur for players with very long friends lists when the friends list is updated.
- Maximum health reduced from 160 to 155
- Vain Mod - Self heal reduced from 5 to 4.
- Invigorating Cloud - Healing reduced from 8 to 6
- Surging Flare Mod - Additional healing reduced from 10 to 8.
Heart of the Storm
Damage and healing reduced from 24 to 22
Focused Radiance Mod - Additional damage and healing reduced from 8 to 6.
- Now chains to up to 3 targets baseline.
- Energy Conduit Mod - Has been removed.
- High Amplitude Mod - Has been removed
- Increased shield amount from 28 to 30.
- No longer causes scramble, now causes weak.
- Damage increased from 20 to 25.
- Maximum health reduced from 150 to 145
- New passive functionality - Gain 3 healing per turn for each bond attached.
Anti-Matter Mod - Reduce damage from 10 to 8. Radiate - Gene Therapy Mod - No longer grants self healing. Gain 1 additional energy per turn for each active bond.
Targeting range decreased by 1
Increase landing zone size by 1.
Orbit Mod - No longer increases landing zone size. Now increases targeting range by 1.
- Maxmium health increased from 160 to 170.
Quantum Core - New 2 point mod: Bow Down - Slow enemies hit until end of turn
- Gain unstoppable until end of turn.
- Healing increased from 25 to 30.
- Maximum health increased from 160 to 165.
- Self Fish Mod - No longer reduces the size of the arc. Now reduces self healing from 24 to 20.
- Decrease the range that eels can jump from one target to another from 5 to 4.
- Increase number of times eels jump from 1 to 2.
- Damage increased from 22 to 24.
- Energy gain decreased from 8 to 6.
- That Magic Eeling Mod - No longer increases the number of times the eels jump. - - Now increases the range of the jump by 1.
- That’s a Moray Mod - Can now directly target allies. No longer grants might.
- Can no longer be targeted over walls.
- Leech Infestation Mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3.
- Grand Finn-ale Mod - Mod cost decreased from 3 to 2.
- Leech Blade Mod - Heal reduced from 5 to 4.
- Vault Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 25 to 12.
Stand and Fight
- Skewer Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 24 to 12.
- Decreased energy gain from 8 to 6.
- Now deals indirect damage instead of direct damage.
- In Pursuit Mod - Reduced the duration of haste from 2 turns to 1
- Now deals damage in a 4x4 area.
- Maximum health increased from 185 to 190.
- Energy gain from taking damage increased from 15% to 20%.
- Bristled Fur Mod - Now heals for 10 instead of shielding for 10. Renamed to Rejuvenating Rage.
- Cleaver Mod - Mod cost decreased from 3 to 1.
- Puncture Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 25 to 12.
- Radamantium Tipped Blade Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 25 to 12.
- Barbed Tip Mod - Reduced energy gain from 4 to 3.
- Hunt Them Down - Reduce damage from 4 to 3.
- Energy reduced from 5 to 4
Trick Shot - Damage reduced from 34 to 32
- High-Energy Rounds Mod - Reduced energy gain from 4 to 3.
- Electromagnetic Aid Mod - Reduced duration from 2 turns to until end of turn.
- Disengage Mod - Reduced duration from 2 turns to until end of turn.
- Damage reduced from 30 to 26
- Restrictive Glue Mod renamed to Shell Shocked
- Something Extra mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3
- Booster Jet Mod - Energy gain removed, now grants energized until end of next turn.
- Potent Phasers Mod - Damage reduced from 4 to 3.
Divide and Conquer Mod - Damage reduced from 4 to 3.
Energy gain lowered from 8 to 7.
- Damage reduced from 25 to 24
- Dance Floor Mod - Damage reduced from 5 to 4.
- Energy generation increased from 6 to 8.
- Base range increased by 1
- For the Rush Mod - Decreased energy gain from 2 to 1.
- Contingency Plan Mod - Instead of 12 energy on cast now grants 6 energy on cast and 6 energy on hit.
- Fog Cover Mod – Damage reduction is now 5, instead of 3.
- Assault and Battery mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3. No longer default.
- Second Story Job Mod - Decreased range from 2 to 1. Mod cost decreased from 3 to 2. Now the default mod.
- Maximum health increased from 140 to 150.
- Overcharge Mod - Instead of 1 energy per 8 damage taken now gives 1 energy per 5 damage taken.
- Hold the Line Mod - Mod cost decreased from 3 to 2.
- Shield Battery Mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3.
Lay Down the Law
- Initial width is reduced from 1.5 to 1
- Damage is increased from 35 to 38.
- Increased damage from 30/15 to 32/16
- Focused Assault Mod - Damage decreased from 5 to 4.
- Cooldown decreased from 2 to 1.
- Increased damage from 30 to 32
- Deathmark Mod - damage reduced from 5 to 4