Season 3 has begun!!
- Check out all-new challenges and missions.
- Earn a “Salty” Overcon just for logging in during the event!
- New skins are available for
- New skins will be available for
- Here is a preview of some of the new skins:
- The game mode for Chapter 1 is Extraction
- Get the case to your extraction zone and reap the rewards!
- Ranked Season 2 has ended. Season 3 Ranked will start on May 23 (and will be off until that date).
- Players will receive Prestige Points and emblems based on their rankings during Season 2.
- Check out the robust new stats system!
- We now track a wide variety of general stats and 4 Freelancer-specific stats for each Freelancer.
- On the end of match screen, you’ll be able to compare stats from that match to your average and personal best.
- The Player Profile, accessed by clicking on your own banner from the landing page, houses a whole litany of stats to allow you to see how each Freelancer compares to each other.
- NOTE: many stats are not retroactive. You’ll have to start from Season 3!
- The badge system and global stat comparisons will be arriving soon™. We need data to populate the system before badges and global comparisons will have real value.
- Atlas Reactor now has Achievements!
- Check them out in the progression menu (click your banner in the front end).
- Steam users will receive Steam Achievements for each Atlas Reactor achievement.
- Expect to see new achievements in future chapters as we’ll be expanding them over time.
- KNOWN ISSUE:
New Map: Hyperforge
- Wage war in a hi-tech armory where the open battleground and generous camouflage make for tense, wide-ranging skirmishes.
- Hyperforge has the first ever rotating power-up. Each time it is picked up it will spawn as a different power up the next time (on a specific cycle, it is not random).
- All game modes are supported on Hyperforge.
- There are an entirely (mostly) new set of catalysts for Season 3!
- RIP Turtle Tech, we hardly knew ye.
- Additionally, all shift catas will display their icon on the ground when used, to make it more clear what each player has used.
- We’ve made some big changes under the hood to reconnecting.
- Disconnects should be less frequent, as we now auto-reconnect you if your connection suffers a small drop in activity.
- Fixed a few general reconnect bugs.
AI Bot Improvements
- Ranged freelancers now prefer cover positions.
- They will now prefer to shift into brush.
- Ranged freelancers with high health will needlessly dash less.
- Bots will consider if a square is occupied when shifting.
- Bots will be less likely to dash if already in cover.
- General and All chat is now restricted for new players until they player play 5 matches.
- You can now select your language preference from the Options menu (instead of through Glyph).
- Fixed some issues where the incorrect Fill skin was selected after completing a game.
- Fixed an issue where death VFX and SFX were playing again on the game over screen, making you feel double-bad.
- Changed some text that was previously all caps. SORRY, WE WEREN’T TRYING TO YELL.
- New! - Alt-clicking an ability icon on your ability bar will now print information to chat, including the ability name, cooldown, and energy status for ults. Use this to let your teammates have more information quickly. Example here